Introduction to lubricants
The James Durrans Group has been supplying lubricant technologies to the forging industry for over 20 years.
Backed up by our in-house laboratory, research and development facilities, we can offer the forging industry a wide range of lubricants.
Furthermore, our state of the art production facilities and considerable experience in carbon processing technologies enable us to offer clients bespoke product solutions to suit their particular needs.
The importance of sufficient lubrication
One of the key components in the production of quality forgings is the correct selection and use of lubricants. A good lubricant will:
- Reduce friction at the metal to metal contact areas allowing better flow
- Enable easy removal of the forged part from the die
- Reduce unwanted heat from the dies
- Extend, by increased protection, the working life of the die
Our different lubricant types
The James Durrans Group has a complete range of lubricant products as well as the ability to offer bespoke solutions to customer’s specifications:
- Water based graphite lubricants
- Oil based graphite lubricants
- Synthetic lubricants
- Release agents